ARRIVAL AND PICK-UP:
Parent/caregivers are required to be in the school with their child until they enter the classroom. Please do not drop them in the parking lot. We ask you not to arrive more than 10 minutes prior to start of a class. Students under the age of 14 are not permitted to be unattended, unless they are in a class. Parents are required to enter the school to pick up students immediately after class. Safety is important to us, please do not ask your child to exit the school to meet you in the parking lot. LATE PICK-UP FEES are incurred for students not picked up 15 minutes after the end of their class time. $15 late fee in 15 minute increments.
Students who arrive 10 minutes after the start of their class time are only permitted to observe. Warm-ups are imperative to the preparation of the student’s body for activity; eliminating this portion of the class can cause injuries. For younger classes it is a distraction to the flow of the class for a student to come in late. Students arriving after a class has begun, must quietly enter and wait by the door for the instructor to invite them to join. A make-up class may be done within the same semester for any missed classes.
Early Childhood, youth and teen classes have specific uniforms and shoe requirements. All uniforms for the 2015-2016 school year are conveniently available for purchase at Discount Dance Supply and listed by class. To view and make orders click here and select on the top left “Find My Class List” and enter “Teacher ID TP46944”. Class attire also listed with each course description. Students are required to have proper attire to participate. Please do not wear your dance shoes outside on the ground! Label all your dance shoes and dance bags with the student’s name. Our professional quality dance floors are state-of –the-art and we do not permit any shoes worn on the street at any time.
- No refunds on missed lessons. Students may make up classes in a similar course that semester.
- 30 day notice required on students withdrawing.
- Late tuition incurs $20 per week late fee. Payments must be received no later than 1 week past the due date to continue participation in classes.
- Registration fees and uniform costs are due at the time of registration in full plus 1/3 of the tuition.
- Cash, check or credit cards accepted (credit cards incur $3.99 processing fee)
- CPAS reserves the right to combine, cancel or close any class as needed.
- Students in Pointe are required to pass the Pointe Readiness Evaluation to participate and must take a minimum of 2 ballet classes per week.
END OF SEMESTER PERFORMANCES: (OPTIONAL)
Please note the dates for dress rehearsals and end of the semester performances. These are located at Piedmont Virginia Community College Dickinson Fine Arts Center. Parents will be notified with more details. No performance fee is charged. There may be a fee for each costume/accessory and show tickets, but we try to keep these fees as small as possible. Dress rehearsals are mandatory to perform at the show (no exceptions for any reason.) Performing is optional for all students.